Step up to the challenge of completing 10,000 steps a day throughout September and raise money to help local people facing homelessness, poverty and social exclusion take the next positive step in their lives.
STEPtember has helped me get motivated after lockdown and get my fitness back. I also want to help people.
- Is STEPtember free to take part?
- Do I need a fitness watch?
- How do I record my steps over the month?
- Can children join in the challenge?
- Do I need to prove that I have completed the challenge?
- Where will my donations go?
1. IS STEPTEMBER FREE TO TAKE PART?
Yes! We just ask all those taking part to simply set up a JustGiving page and fundraise as much as possible to help us continue our vital work.
2. DO I NEED A FITNESS WATCH?
No. Most smartphones come with a built-in pedometer or health app. If yours doesn’t, there are lots of free apps you can download such as Fitbit, GoogleFit or MapMyWalk.
3. HOW DO I RECORD MY STEPS OVER THE MONTH?
If you are using a fitness watch, sign up to Strava for free and you can track your steps each day. Better yet, follow these simple steps and you can link your Strava account to your Just Giving page and update all your sponsors on how you’re doing each day.
Alternatively, keep track of your steps each day by printing out our STEPtember Wall Calendar.
4. CAN CHILDREN JOIN IN THE CHALLENGE?
Yes, whatever your age – you can take part in STEPtember. If you are signing up a child, just tick the ‘Would you like to register anyone else?’ box and you can register as a team!
5. DO I NEED TO PROVE THAT I HAVE COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE?
No, you don’t need to send us any proof. But our team would love to hear about how your challenge is going, so please be sure to share your photos on social media using the hashtag #DENSSTEPtember and tagging @DENSinDacorum.
6. WHERE WILL MY DONATIONS GO?
All your donations will go towards helping DENS rebuild the lives of vulnerable people facing homelessness, poverty and social exclusion in Dacorum. To find out more about the services we offer, click here.