Education, Training and Employment Co-ordinator (ETE)
Post Title – ETE Co-ordinator
Hours – 37.5 hours
Salary – £25,000
Location – Based at the Elms hostel and The Hub, with travel across DENS services. You may need to work from home on occasions due to COVID restrictions.
About the Role
We are seeking a ETE Co-ordinator who will play a vital role in the implementation of DENS Empowerment Programme. Working close with colleagues across the organisation, the ETE Co-ordinator will empower clients to take the next positive step in their lives by supporting and assisting them to access education, training, employment or volunteer work.
• Understand the causes and effects of homelessness
• Understanding of the barriers to ETE for vulnerable adults
• Knowledge of the adult learning sector
• Understanding of the job market
• Ability to work across teams and with external organisations
• Ability to motivate individuals who present a range of challenges
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload
• Ability to work with an IT based CRM
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in public speaking and making presentations
• Ability to modify communication style to meet the needs of a range of target audiences
• Experience of working with homeless people or other vulnerable adults
• Experience of working across organisations and developing partnerships with other organisations
• Experience of supporting others, either in a work or voluntary capacity.
• You can effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies, in order to establish, or improve, services for clients.
• You have an understanding of the principles underlying a quality and customer-focused service.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
• You are self-motivated and can manage your time effectively; prioritising different areas of work according to needs and deadlines.
• You are a people’s person and a natural team player, willing to work to a common goal
• You are passionate about making a positive difference to people’s lives.
• You are IT literate and familiar with Microsoft Packages such as Word, Excel & Outlook
A full, current driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
How to apply
Please read the full Job Description which is on a separate document.
If you do not match our criteria, we ask that you do not apply. If you are a match, please fill in the DENS Application Form, and submit your application to HR@dens.org.uk. We will not accept a general CV for this role.
For an informal chat, please ring Jacky Stafford on 01442 412340
Closing date for receipt of applications is 22nd January 2021.