Sponsored Sleepout – Terms & Conditions
Sleepout 2023 TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By registering and ticking the box on the online registration form, you agree to the terms and conditions below:
- I understand that these terms and conditions apply to DENS Sleepout taking place at John F Kennedy Catholic School on Friday 24th November 2023.
- I understand that participants must be aged 8 or over to take part in the event.
- Children aged under 16 must be accompanied by a registered participating, over 18-year old adult, who will take full responsibility for their safety and actions throughout the event and must read and sign the terms and conditions on their behalf.
- I understand that I am responsible for my own safety and my own actions (including the safety of my possessions) whilst undertaking this challenge, as well as the safety and actions of any under 16-year old in my care.
- I understand that I may register a team/family and understand that by doing this I am agreeing to the terms and conditions on behalf of all members.
- I understand that my entry fee purely covers the cost of the event including administration, and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- I understand that registration closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 22nd November 2023. Entries are processed on a first come first served basis and are subject to availability. DENS reserves the right to change the registration closing date, or close registration, at any time.
- I understand that I must commit to raising sponsorship for DENS who help people in Dacorum who are facing homelessness, poverty and social exclusion; to support and empower them to take the next positive step in their lives.
- I understand that I may be committing a criminal offence if I do not give all of the sponsorship money that I raise to DENS. I will make sure my sponsorship is received by DENS before Wednesday 3rd January 2024.
- I understand that if I am sending sponsorship money to DENS this must be via a cheque (payable to DENS) and I must include my name and address on the back of the cheque. I will not send cash in the post.
- I understand and confirm that I (and any participants that I am registering) are physically fit and in good health to safely take part in the Sleepout and I have no known condition that would affect the ability to safely complete the challenge or would cause a risk of danger to myself or other participants. I understand that it is my responsibility to monitor my health during the event and will stop immediately if my continued participation could create a risk of danger to myself or others.
- I understand that DENS recommend if I have any concerns or doubts about my heath or I have a medical condition that may be affected by taking part in the event that I should obtain my doctor’s approval before participating in the event.
- I understand and acknowledge that I am participating in this event at my own risk and that DENS, the sponsors or supporters of the event, cannot be held liable for any injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability caused or sustained before, during, or after the event, as a result of my participation, unless caused by the negligence of DENS.
- I understand that DENS cannot be held liable for any changes made to the event for safety reasons, or as otherwise planned, through circumstances beyond our control; this includes, diverse weather conditions, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.
- I understand that DENS will not be held liable for any damage to personal property or material loss to myself or a third party.
- I understand that in order to cover myself I am advised to take out personal insurance cover for any damage to personal property or material loss to myself or a third party.
- I understand the DENS Event Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry at their discretion.
- I understand and I confirm that under no circumstances is alcohol or any other substance to be brought into or consumed prior to or during the event.
- I understand that DENS reserves the right to cancel, alter timings, reschedule and cancel and alter the required logistics of the event at any time. This is at the discretion of the Event Organisers and participants would be notified via email should this happen.
- I understand that I must abide by the rules, instructions and regulations I receive prior to the event and any instructions displayed or given to me on the day of the event by officials.
- I understand that I will be respectful of the general public and local residents and will not make excessive noise.
- I understand and give my permission for my image to be captured (camera and film) by DENS outside sources. I understand that these images may be used indefinitely to promote the work of DENS and its fundraising activities and that it is my responsibility to inform the Events Team at the time that I register should I wish such images of myself, or of the people in my care, not to be used.
DENS will process your personal data for the purpose of your entry to, and participation in Sleepout. We may keep you informed about our work, promotions and future events. If you would prefer not to be informed about future events, please let us know by emailing email@example.com
Registered Charity No.1097185
Keep In Touch
Subscribe to emails from DENS
By submitting your details, you are subscribing to receive emails from DENS about our services and ways you can support us.