We have been blown away with the individuals and businesses that have reached out to help DENS during these unprecendent times. We wanted to take the time to thank just a small selection of those people who have gone beyond the call of duty to help us:
- The Red Lion, Water End who despite having to close their doors have decided that, until they reopen, they will donate 50 meals every Monday to our residents at The Elms.
- Hemel Hempstead Community Midwives for finding the time alongside their vital work to not only collect donations for our foodbank but also host a quiz night raising £420!
- Hertfordshire Community Foundation for awarding us with a grant which helped enable us to introduce strict social distancing in our foodbank and hostel.
- Berkhamsted Rotary Club for selecting DENS as one of their three charities to support with their Covid-19 Relief Fund.
- Ben Kay and his team of motorbike riders who deliver 80 meals to The Elms with Edible London. Read more in this article by Hemel Hempstead Gazette.
- Charmaine Chigome Foundation, a charity foundation set up by the 11 year old philanthropist, for her gift boxes delivered to our foodbank.