YOUR Sleepout – Terms & Conditions
Your Sleepout TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By registering and ticking the box online, you agree to the terms and conditions below:
· I understand that by registering I agree to the terms and conditions for myself and for anyone I am registering on their behalf.
· I understand and confirm that I (and any participants that I am registering) are in good health to safely take part in the Sleepout and I have no known conditions that would affect the ability to safely complete the challenge or would cause a risk of danger to myself or other participants. I understand that it is my responsibility to monitor my health during the event and will stop immediately if my continued participation could create a risk of danger to myself or others.
· I understand that there is no minimum age for entry, however:
· I understand that all children under 16 must be accompanied by a registered participating over 18-year old adult, who will take full responsibility for them throughout the Sleepout and must read and sign the terms and conditions on their behalf.
· I understand that I may register a team/family and understand that by doing this I am agreeing to the terms and conditions on behalf of all members.
· I understand that I must commit to raising sponsorship for DENS, who help people in Dacorum who are facing homelessness, poverty and social exclusion; to support and empower them to take the next positive step in their lives.
· I understand that I may be committing a criminal offence if I do not give all of the sponsorship money that I raise to DENS. I will make sure my sponsorship is received within 2 months of my event taking place.
· I understand that if I am sending sponsorship money to DENS this must be via Just Giving, or a cheque (payable to DENS), and I must include my name and address on the back of the cheque. I will not send cash in the post.
· I understand that I must wear suitable attire due to the nature of the event and will ensure that I have adequate kit if I am sleeping outdoors.
· I understand and acknowledge that I am participating in this event at my own risk and that DENS, the sponsors or supporters of the event, cannot be held liable for any injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability caused or sustained before, during, or after the event, as a result of my participation, unless caused by the negligence of DENS.
· I understand that DENS cannot be held liable for any changes made to the event for safety reasons, or as otherwise planned, through circumstances beyond our control; this includes indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event. I understand that DENS will not be held liable for any damage to personal property or material loss to myself or a third party.
· I understand that in order to cover myself I am advised to take out personal insurance cover for any damage to personal property or material loss to myself or a third party.
· I understand that DENS reserves the right to cancel, alter timings, reschedule and cancel and alter the required logistics of the event at any time. This is at the discretion of the Event Organisers and participants would be notified via email should this happen.
· I understand that I must abide by the rules, instructions and regulations I receive prior to the event and any instructions displayed or given to me on the day of the event by officials.
· I understand that I will be respectful of local residents and will not make excessive noise if am sleeping outside.
· I understand that by sending my images of myself or others to DENS, they may be used indefinitely to promote the work of DENS and its fundraising activities and that it is my responsibility to inform the Events Team at the time that I register should I wish such images of myself, or of the people in my care, not to be used.
DENS will process your personal data for the purpose of your entry to, and participation in Sleepout. We may keep you informed about our work, promotions and future events. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications or update your preferences at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Registered Charity No.1097185
Keep In Touch
Subscribe to emails from DENS
By submitting your details, you are subscribing to receive emails from DENS about our services and ways you can support us.